sábado, 28 de febrero de 2009

Rachelle Lefevre and Cam Gigandet Interviews.




Rachelle Lefevre and Cam Gigandet play Victoria and James, two of the bad vampires in Summit Entertainment's Twilight, based on bestselling book by Stephenie Meyer. Although they're the bad guys in the movie, the thousand or so fans who turned up at the Los Angeles premiere of Twilight didn't hold their roles against them. Lefevre and Gigandet were cheered on by the passionate crowd of Twilight followers right along with the rest of the cast.


Rachelle Lefevre: Victoria in Twilight.


Rachelle Lefevre: Oh my goodness, hello everybody.

It's kind of an onslaught tonight.
Rachelle Lefevre: It is, it is.

What do you make of it?
Rachelle Lefevre: You know what? It's incredible. We started to get some idea of the fan sort of frenzy at Comic Con, but I don't think that anybody could have anticipated this. I certainly never thought I'd be a part of anything where people were sleeping on concrete to get a look at us.

Why do you think this is such an international phenomenon?
Rachelle Lefevre: I think that the story is just so universal. Romeo and Juliet comes to mind. You know, it's survived 500 years. It's been translated into, I don't know, 8000 languages. I think that love stories are timeless and when they're done right, they appeal to everybody. That's the brilliance of it is that because they're vampires, it also adds this really dark element and allows for a lot of action, too. And so in addition to having this great romance, you have fight sequences and chase scenes and real, real sort of intensity. It's a real ride, this film.
Is there anything in your past that you would have slept out overnight to see?
Rachelle Lefevre: You know what? I was very, very young but I remember the New Kids on the Block being like… I think I sort of liked boys for the first time, you know? And going, 'What's this all about?' I just wanted Joey McIntyre to sing to me.

Maybe he will now.
Rachelle Lefevre: Maybe he will now. Joey, will you sing to me?



Cam Gigandet: James in Twilight.


Cam Gigandet: This is…it's just so unreal, really. I feel like they're going to call cut and we're going to like, 'Let's do it again.' It's like a movie, really.

I'm sure you anticipated quite a crowd but does this exceed it?
Cam Gigandet: You can never really… I mean, you can hope for the best. But I never would have expected this. This is just wild. Wild.

How did Twilight become such a pop culture phenomenon?
Cam Gigandet: How? It's got the best of both worlds. It has like this dark mystery with these vampires. But then it's like a relatable love story that you've seen. It's like an old classic love story so, you know, those two combined.

How much fun is it to play the bad guy?
Cam Gigandet: I love it.

They keep casting you that way.
Cam Gigandet: I know, but it's just so much fun because you have unlimited amounts of freedom and I think that's why I like it.










No hay comentarios: