martes, 9 de diciembre de 2008

Blast interviews Twilight star Robert Pattinson.




SAUGUS, Mass. — Blast got an opportunity to chat with Twilight leading man Robert Pattinson before the fan meet and greet and question and answer session at the Square One Mall in Saugus, Mass. on November 14.
BLAST: Where you prepared for the fact that there were going to be mobs at your last two events and they’d have to get shut down?
RP: No, not at all. It’s not even the last two anymore, it’s been all of them.
BLAST: Since Comic-con. I was at Comic-con, and I remember when you came out there were just cheers.
RP: It hasn’t died down at all. It happened in [Italy], it happened in Mexico. It’s completely ridiculous.
BLAST: What do people at home think about it? Are your parents laughing, thinking you’re the new George Clooney?
RP: Well my sister was. She was just thinking, Oh, what road did you take? They think it’s like completely ridiculous.
BLAST: Have you talked to anyone else who’s on tour, like Kristen or Taylor or anyone?
RP: I haven’t actually. Do you how they’re doing? [laughter]
BLAST: They have not had the same response that you’ve had. That’s why I was asking. Are they-
RP: Are they what? Are they pissed off? [laughter] Um, I don’t know. I haven’t actually asked them.
BLAST: The movie’s coming out in less than a week. Is there anything that you’d go back and change about it? Or prepare for it to come out?
RP: No, I wouldn’t change anything about it. I mean, if I was doing it now, knowing it was going to be this audience, I think I probably would have done it differently. I’m not sure how. But I think, at the end of the day, it’s a good thing I went into it thinking it’s a small thing because it essentially is. It’s a small story, it’s an intimate story, and I think it comes across as being very human rather than being a big epic thing, which I think no one would have really appreciated. I think it looked very organic when you look at it. I hope people aren’t expecting to be like some like, Waah! like some like huge, you know, E.T. thing, because it’s really not. It seems very personal. The book is very personal. Hopefully, hopefully, you know, it will live up to its hype.
BLAST: In previous interviews, you [and Kristen] said that producers said, Don’t take it so seriously, make it more of a teen flick.” Did you guys make it more of a serious movie or is it going to end up being more of a [teen movie]?
RP: I think the fans of the book would be kind of upset if it was too too serious, because it’s not exactly War and Peace or something. I mean, it’s funny. I had Catherine give me a copy of the book with all the instances where Edward smiles and jokes and stuff. They were all highlighted, because I was so determined to make him like the most depressing character in the history of fiction. I think that’s the point. You don’t know how something is coming out, you don’t get in the edit room or whatever. So no, it’s good how it turned out. I think the beginning is how I wanted it to be, and I think it’s better. No girl would ever think the perfect guy would be some kind of manic-depressive.
BLAST: Depends on the girl.
RP: Well yeah. If I was a girl, I’d love it. I love manic-depressive girls. But you know, I don’t really.
BLAST: Are you prepared for the girls out there to be like, Rob, will you go to prom with me? because I’ve had a couple say that’s what they’re planning on asking.
RP: When is prom?
BLAST: May? Something?
RP: Well, that’s quite a long way off.

No hay comentarios: