jueves, 11 de diciembre de 2008

Taylor Lautner.



Comprobar ortografía



Every guy in the Twilight series pines after Bella, and Jacob Black is no exception! In the highly-anticipated movie adaptation, Jacob is played by Taylor Lautner, star of The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D. But even the biggest Sharkboy fan may not recognize Taylor in Twilight. Why? 'Cause in the movie, he wears a wig that you won't believe! (More on that later…) Keep clickin' for Taylor's Q&A, and check back tomorrow more Twilight madness!
So are you ready for teen heartthrob-status once this movie comes out?
Oh, boy -- I'm not sure! It's a little scary. I don't know -- I wouldn't call it a teen heartthrob, would I? The fans behind this are great, so I'm very excited to be involved with this project. It's so cool. I've seen the movie, it's awesome. The fans are awesome, the cast and crew are awesome, so I'm definitely stoked to be a part of it.
Were you familiar with the series before you signed on to do the movie?
Absolutely not. I had no idea what Twilight was. I had never heard of it. And then when I was cast in it, I did my research, found out what's going on, what I got myself into and I was just blown away. I was like oh my gosh, this is huge. The fans behind this are amazing and just to be a part of this is so so exciting.
What's your favorite book in the series?
My favorite book in the series is Eclipse, the third one, because my favorite part of the series is the competition that goes on between Jacob and Edward. And in Twilight it focuses on Edward and Bella, New Moon is Jacob and Bella, and Eclipse is the three of them together and that scenario is really cool.
Your character Jacob Black is Native American. Did you research his tribe?
I'm mostly French Dutch and German, [but] back in my distant background, I have some Native American blood in me. We're not sure how much, we couldn't track the records exactly, but in research for Twilight I did some research on the Quileute tribe, which Jacob is a part of. I made a booklet of their legends and everything they believed in and I brought that up with me to Portland, and I actually got to sit down and talk and have dinner with some real Quileute tribal members, some kids and adults. The thing that surprised me the most are the Quileute kids are just like me and my friends. I asked him, So what are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun? and one of the kids is like, Oh, I like playing football, I like going to the beach, and I go, What do you do at the beach? and he goes, Oh, I check out lots of girls. That was pretty funny.
Jacob is the person who tells Bella about the Cullens' secret. Are you better with secrets than he is?
Yeah, I would definitely say I'm better with secrets than Mr. Jacob! I think one of the reasons he spills the beans is that he has a very big crush on Bella. So he accidentally spills the beans, but I would definitely say I can keep secrets a little better than Jacob.
And he's actually a werewolf. Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire?
Definitely a werewolf. They're cooler. Werewolves are hot. A lot better than vampires. Jacob Black is the real man for Bella. She's young right now, she doesn't realize that. But she eventually will.
Which of the Cullens' powers do you wish you had?
Definitely Alice. Seeing into the future… I'd go with that. It's pretty cool.
You have a major mop of hair the movie. Did you spend a lot of time in the hair and makeup trailer?
Yeah, it did take a while. Taking it off was kind of easier, but putting it on was quite a bit more difficult. We had many steps and stages, and the wig was very interesting. When I first heard I was going to be wearing a wig, I was excited. I was like, Cool, I've never worn a wig before! This is going to be awesome! But sure enough, after the first day of filming, I was through with the wig. It was itchy and it was always getting in my face when I was trying to eat and saying my lines and talking to Kristen, so that was quite an adventure.
What's your favorite scene in the movie?
My favorite scene is, actually it's my favorite and my least favorite. It was the beach scene I filmed with Bella, where I'm walking my wannabe girlfriend on the beach and wardrobe had originally picked out just jeans and a t-shirt for us, and [when] we show up, it's pouring rain, sleet, and hail the size of golf balls, and it's just freezing cold, 40 mile per hour winds and the weather was the worst weather I'd ever seen in my life. So we ended up wearing three pairs of pants, rain coats, rain pants, beanies, everything possible, and I'll always remember it. It was my least favorite because it was kind of hard to act in. You're trying to be all serious walking her and you're almost falling over because of the wind, golf ball-size hail balls, but at the same time, it was kind of fun. It was an adventure.
It must have been cool shooting with such a big young cast. What did you do when you weren't filming?
Yeah, the cast is awesome. And the thing I think the fans are going to like the most is that the cast has such great chemistry -- Rob and Kristen, the whole cast. Portland where we filmed has the best food I've ever had. So most of our time, we wake up bright and early, go film until 6 o'clock at night, so all we had time for was go back, get a bite to eat together, and hit the hay for the next day. So it was quite fun, though, the cast is awesome.

No hay comentarios: