viernes, 26 de diciembre de 2008

Vampires and werewolves mingle on “Twilight” junket.





The bad vampires in Twilight, from left Cam Gigandet as James, Edi Gathegi as Laurent, and and Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria.
Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black in Twilight.
Actress Rachelle Lefevre joins fellow Twilight cast members Taylor Lautner and Edi Gathegi in signing autographs at a recent appearance at a Hot Topic store in Tukwila, Wash.
Vampires and werewolves may be mortal enemies in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight books, but they have been mingling often and contentedly while publicizing the movie version of the first book. The Twilight movie opens Friday.
Taylor Lautner, who plays Bella’s buddy Jacob, who turns out in the second book, New Moon, to be a werewolf, Edi Gathegi, who plays the wicked vampire Laurent, and Rachelle Lefevre, who plays the even more evil vampire Victoria, were group together for the roundtable interviews at recent press junket for the film in Los Angeles.
They also were put together for a seven-city publicity tour. Thank God we like each other or we would be in trouble, Lafevre said.
They may play enemies in the movies, but the trio agreed on the most challenging part of filming Twilight:
Lautner: I would personally say - and I think we all would agree - for me the weather was the biggest challenge. I did the beach scene with Bella and the weather was just horrendous. It is the worst weather I’ve ever been in so trying to film a scene where I am supposed to be-I am walking with my wannabe girlfriend on the beach was just unreal.
Lafevre: The weather in Portland (Ore.) is really erratic, so one minute it is ridiculously sunny and then it is perfectly overcast just the way you want and then you start to film and then it is hailing. So that was bizarre. The biggest challenge for my physically was the contact lenses. We had them painted and ours were black with a hint of human blood red.
So you have tunnel vision. You have no peripheral vision so you can’t walk down steps by yourself. You trip a lot. The thing that used to make me crazy was I would always end up jumping out my skin because you can’t see anyone come up next to you. They come up and start to speak and then you freak out because you thought you had no one around you.
Gathegi: You are supposed to be this vampire with heightened senses and you can’t see.
The visual challenges of the blood-red contacts did make for some embarrassing moments:
Lafevre: I fully fell down once, that was not slick.
Gathegi: Because I could see less I had to be extra cautious. I was more careful with those contacts in than I am in my life.

No hay comentarios: